Sunday 31 January 2016

LUNCH AT OGAM: CHICKEN AND KOREAN RESTAURANT - Kingsland

I'm a bit behind on my reviews. Last week, on a random weekday off from work, I headed down south for some eating and shopping. Located across from Chinook Mall, this tiny restaurant offers yummy Korean fried chicken and other Korean specialties. The first impression when I went in was to order at the counter and then take a seat, but I was wrong. As I made my way to the counter, a server asked for how many, and then she directed me to a seat. The restaurant is tiny with only 11 4-top tables. The server brought over the menu, but I ready knew I was getting the fried chicken - as my goal is to try all the Korean fried chicken in the city.

They have other delicious looking items on the menu including hot pots and Bi Bam Bap, and they also serve alcohol. For their fried chicken, they have different flavours including crispy, soy garlic, seasoned, and spicy, and a choice of bone and boneless. For their small menu everything looked good. When I'm back in the south again, I would definitely stopped by here to try their other items.

Soy Garlic Chicken Meal with Salad, Steamed Rice, and Drink $12.90

I ordered the chicken meal, and it came with three big pieces of chicken - wing, thigh, and drumstick. The chicken was moist and tender, and the skin was very crispy. The sauce had just the right amount of garlic flavour and it had a little spicy kick to it. The rice helped with that kick. The salad was refreshing with a ginger dressing. This meal was very filling.

Overall, this a nice little place that serves delicious Korean fried chicken. The servers here are attentive and very nice. So far, I can't decide which KFC I like the best but I should be glad that I haven't had any bad ones yet.

Ogam Chicken
#108, 6008 Macleod Trail SW
403-454-6101

Ogam : Chicken & Korean Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment