Tuesday 5 January 2016

LUNCH AT CHRISTY'S ROTISSERIE CHICKEN - Northeast

This fast food joint is a stand alone building located on 32nd between Boston Pizza and Arby's in the NE. It has been putting out reasonably priced good food for years. I first started eating at Christy's in the downtown location years ago. There was always combo deals with their rotisserie chicken - quarter chicken with two sides or hot chicken sandwiches, fries, and drink = save $$. This was important for this poor university student who like to study at Devonian Gardens. I was very sad when they closed the downtown location.

Now, I go to Christy's whenever I go to Michael's, which was happening a lot in November/December since I was crafting a lot of Christmas gifts. I usually grab take out but sometimes I eat in if it is the weekend. Since I know where to go for good rotisserie chicken, I don't order it from here anymore. I usually get a Christy's classic combo (1 meat and 2 sides) or hot chicken sandwich since their gravy and fries are so good. They do have some Asian items now like wonton soup and cook-to-order stir-fry noodles. What I like about Christy's is that their food and flavours are always consistent at wherever location you dine at.

Mesquite Chicken with creamy pasta and dill potatoes (One meat and two sides) $7.99

This was from a previous visit when I had to work major overtime. Their portion is usually generous but this time the portion was huge. Of course, they were closing in 30 minutes so I guess they were getting rid as much food as they can for the night. I usually don't get the mesquite chicken but it looked like that was all that was available. I'm pretty sure the cook could have whipped up a portion of meat for me if I had chosen a different meat item - meat items include: honey chicken, mesquite chicken, salt and pepper chicken, lemon chicken, and ginger beef. I usually get the honey chicken or the salt and pepper chicken. The honey chicken is always flavourful, and the salt and pepper chicken is deep fried and tossed with onions, bell peppers and pepper flakes. I always scrap off the pepper flakes but the little spice level helps to flavour the other items. The mesquite chicken has a little smoke flavour to it, and the sauce is good. I always get the dill potatoes even thought it doesn't have a lot of dill or butter flavour. I like the potatoes because they are always good to use to dip and gather up all the sauce from the meat. The creamy pasta is creamy and cold. Even though it isn't well seasoned, the pasta gives a different texture to the other food items.

Hot Chicken Sandwich with Fries and Drink Combo $8.49

I came here last weekend since I needed some supplies from Michael's. I decided to eat in and had the hot chicken sandwich with fries and drink. The price has gone up since the university days but that was many years ago. However, the food still taste the same. I mean, it isn't hard to get chicken slices between two bread, but the gravy is still the same. The fries are the same in their crispiness but I remember that they use to season their fries with a spiced seasoning now they use just salt.

Overall, I think this is great fast food place if you want to get away from the hamburgers joints. The workers here are always nice and accommodating, and there are enough variety of food for even the picky eaters. You get generous portions, and the price is very reasonable.

Christy's Rotisserie Chicken
2775 32 Ave NE
(403) 250-2828

Cristy's Rotisserie Chicken Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment