Sunday 14 August 2016

LUNCH AT PRESS'D - Northeast

This place opened up super close to my work back in June. I usually don't order sandwiches since I can easily make them at home, but I was curious about this place. The place is quite hidden if you aren't looking for it. It is beside the new EFW Radiology place on Sunridge Blvd in the Northeast. Press'd was an idea created by two university students at the UofA up in Edmonton. They wanted a place where people can get fresh-made, high quality sandwiches at a fair price. Press'd is an alternative to all those fast food places.

So first of, this place is not Subway. You don't get to pick your ingredients. Instead, Press'd offered a wide variety of familiar sandwiches as well as a few of their own creations. You get to, however, choose the bread. They have white, whole wheat, rye, focaccia, and gluten-free options. They make their bread daily which I cannot smell from work. They don't bake the gluten-free bread at the shop. Usually we can smell the cooking from nearby restaurants but maybe the wind hasn't shifted towards our workplace yet from the bakery. I stopped in on a Monday after the lunch rush, 1:30pm. (Yes, I do tend to eat lunch late which is pretty bad.)

Golden Bear Sandwich (reg.) $6.59

I ordered this hot sandwich on whole wheat since it sounded appealing and unique. Although, I'm pretty sure I have eaten this sandwich before on Europe somewhere. I'm guessing this sandwich is their (maybe of many) signature sandwich since it is named after the UofA sport teams. Again, I don't know why but they left out an ingredient - the spinach. I ordered the same sandwich for my co-worker and they missed it on that sandwich as well. I know for a fact that we are not on a spinach shortage in this city. I digress. The Golden Bear consist of roasted chicken, Brie cheese, roasted apples, spinach, and sweet fig jam. The sandwich was sweet due to the apples and fig jam. I agreed with the other review saying that they should use granny smith apples instead. Overall, I enjoyed this sandwich for lunch since it was quick.

Ginger Slush with Mango (small) $2.99

This is a very small size. I initially ordered a citrus base but she gave me spicy ginger. I had a full blast of ginger flavour, but I have to admit it was pretty good mixed with mango. This slush is all natural. There are two base flavours to chose from, spicy ginger or tangy citrus. Then you get to chose the syrup - raspberry, mango, white peach, chopped basil, or chopped mint. This is a nice refreshing drink. If I get sick, I know where to get my ginger drink from :)

Overall, this is a cute little shop, and they have places to sit so you can dine in. They also have salads on their menu if sandwiches aren't your thing. The people working there were very friendly. I don't know if I will be back since I usually bring lunch to work, and I can make my own salads and sandwiches. I do recommend this place for everyone to try. Press'd is open everyday from 11am to 8pm except for Sunday where they open from 11am to 7pm.

Press'd
#101 - 2851 Sunridge Blvd NE

Press'd Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment