Sunday 21 August 2016

LUNCH AT FIASCO GELATO CAFE - Marlborough

Fiasco Gelato has been a staple for me when I go to conventions and shows at the BMO. I like to try their different flavours of gelato and sorbetto. I keep forgetting that this place is close to my house. I remember their old place before they moved was slightly farther. Their new HQ/cafe is big, bright, and modern. They are located a block from Centre Avenue on 19 Street in the Northeast. They are close to Barlow C-Train Station and the Calgary Herald building. The dining area in the front is small, but I think people don't usually dine in or stay that long. I like how you can see into the kitchen area. They also have an academy which they run in the evenings to teach people how their gelato are made. It looks very hands-on and you get to bring all the gelato home. The price is a little steep, but I think it would be worth it. I just need some friends to do this with me.


Just a few flavours I have bought so far: Frozen Hot Chocolate, Mint Stracciatella, Blueberry Basil, Greeen Tea Lemonade, and Mango Pineapple

I have been to the cafe a couple of times to buy their pints. Recently, I have decided to dine in and try one of that sandwiches and take out a sundae. I went on a Saturday around lunch. They were not busy at all since all the businesses nearby were closed. There were a few random people coming in for gelato. On an interesting note, one of co-workers saw an article online from the Daily Hive, "62 Things to Eat and Drink in Calgary Before You Die", published in June of this year. Fiasco Gelato is on the list with their Frozen Hot Chocolate.

Porchetta Sandwich $9

I came in to quickly grab some gelato for my coworker, and since I didn't have any food at home, I decided to stay and try their sandwiches. The porchetta sound good. It consist of porchetta, a grainy dijon aioli, chimmichurri, and topped with arugula. Then they make it warm putting it in a panini press. The sandwich was presented on a cute little cutting board. The porchetta was a little salty but it works overall with the sandwich.

Hotlime Bling Sundae $7

I got this to-go and it traveled well. It was only a 5 minute drive so nothing melted too much. I think everything in this sundae was made right in the kitchen. The gelato is their key lime gelato and is topped with graham crackers, their house-made mallow fluff, lime curd, and whipped cream. The mallow fluff was lightly torched to give the sundae a little of caramel flavour and crunch. The lime curd was very tart which is good. The key lime gelato doesn't really have a deep lime flavour, but the flavour is their. Like most of the citrus, the key lime gelato acts like a palate cleanser.

Overall, I'm really glad that this place is open. The service is always friendly and welcoming. They are open everyday early morning to late evening. If you don't know what flavour gelato to try I recommend getting the Tasting Flight. You get 1 scoop each of 4 different flavours to try.

Fiasco Gelato Cafe
#110 - 221 19 Street SE
403-452-3150

Fiasco Artisan Gelato Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this. Very interesting information. I like with express my support of your ideas in your article, and looking forward to your next article. Japanese Ramen in Handerson

    ReplyDelete