Thursday 25 August 2016

BREAKFAST AT OEB BREAKFAST - Downtown

I stopped by here for breakfast on a Sunday. The new second location is very convenient. It is located right in the Fifth Avenue Place building. When I got there at 9:30 am, there were some tables available but it filled up quickly after. This new location is bigger, and it has very funky decor. There is one table in an egg and some are in tipped-over baskets. The place is very bright and modern. The kitchen is also opened so you can see all the action.

When I first got there, I was a bit confused about the people standing around - were they waiting in line to get a table or were they waiting for a table? After loitering around for a few minutes outside the "door", I decided to just budge the people - if they were waiting in line to get a table - and asked for a table myself. Since it was only me, I got to chose bar at the window looking outside or bar at the window looking inside. I chose looking outside. The service here is excellent. The servers were attentive, friendly, and accommodating.

Confit de Canard $16.99

After reading the article, "62 Things to Eat and Drink in Calgary Before You Die" from DailyHive, I decided to challenge myself to complete this. I don't know if I can finish the challenge or not since I'm not a big fan of alcohol or coffee. I do like to try different cocktails but I reserve those for celebrations/special occasions. So, one of the items on the list, the first actually, was to try a Breakfast poutine at OEB.
Any of OEB's Box'd section of their menu is a Breakfast poutine. There are a variety to choose from. I like duck so I chose the confit de canard. Overall, it was delicious. I couldn't really taste their lingonberry jam though. The poached eggs were perfectly seasoned, and the duck was tender and not overly salty. Plus everything sits on a bed of their twice fried herbed potatoes cooked in organic duck fat which I can eat all day long. The potatoes were crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. So I agree with the article on this one. you should totally try a breakfast poutine at OEB.

All in all, this location is a good choice. It caters to the downtown workers and tourists - if they tour the downtown. I know that if I worked downtown, I would be here eating breakfast here at least once a week. OEB is opened everyday from 7 am - 3 pm.

OEB Breakfast
#110, 222 – 5th Avenue SW
587-352-3447

OEB Breakfast Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Restaurants all over me like the behavior of the people there is on good terms with all. Places to Eat Near Me

    ReplyDelete