Sunday 28 February 2016

BREAKFAST AT CORA BREAKFAST AND LUNCH - Northeast

Located in Sunridge Mall, this is a popular joint especially during brunch hours on weekends. I remember waiting up to 1 hour to get a table because my friends were too stubborn to change locations, but it did give us time to catch up outside the restaurant. The key is to wake up early on the weekend and come early for breakfast. Usually around 9am, there are few tables available. This is what my friends and I did on Saturday. Since we were going to the Home and Garden Show, we met up at Cora for breakfast. I just left my car at the mall and we all car-pooled down to BMO Centre. I haven't got caught yet, but the parking is apparently very strict at the mall (4 hours max.), and there are people driving around checking the cars according to my friends. I don't know if I believed them or not because I don't think the mall have the technology to check.

Anyways, I haven't been to Cora in a long time, like maybe a year ago. Apparently, they have changed their menu and added more items. I was surprise because for the longest time they didn't. There are only two things I always get at Cora, the benny's or the Surprise. This time, it took me a while to peruse the menu since there are more stuff. On the menu, there is also an option for a smaller portion which is a good idea so people don't waste food. Some of my friends don't like it here because of the massive amount of fruit they give you, but I think they found the dishes that doesn't come with fruit and stick to it, like some of the omelette dishes. One of my friends, this time, was pretty happy that his dish only had one strawberry on it. He is a vegetable guy. Anyways, since I don't eat big breakfasts, I was conservative in my ordering.

Delicious Cherries pancakes $11.15 (2 pancakes - small order)

So, for the smaller order, you get two pancakes while the standard order is three. The two pancakes, covered with a cream cheese and custard mixture and topped with cherries, was plentiful. The cream cheese custard mixture was light, creamy, and did not have an over-powering cream cheese taste which was good. The cherries were obviously not fresh and was not pie filling either. The cherries were big and full of flavour. I like how they give you a lot of cherries. I guess this is my fruit portion :)

Overall, despite being a franchise and at the mall, it is a good breakfast/brunch place. The food is standard, some is good, and the service is always on par. The fruit servings are massive, and place is open and big so you don't feel guilty on those busy days where you just want to sit there and chat for a little while longer.

Cora Breakfast and Lunch
2525 36 St NE
403-457-2672

Cora Breakfast and Lunch Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment