Saturday 19 December 2015

DINNER AT PIO PERUVIAN ROTISSERIE CHICKEN - Northeast

Located by Lowe's in the Northeast, I have been recommending people to come here every time they mention rotisserie chicken. Some of my friends are regulars here now. The price is right and the food is always excellent.

I have been coming to this place since it first opened. I miss their family meals. The servers are always super nice and attentive. I think I have tried all their sides with their yummy rotisserie chicken. Recently, I have been getting Pio Con Salchipapa which is rotisserie chicken with beef sausages and hand-cut fries. It comes with two out of four sauces. I love their Pio white sauce the best which is a tangy white house sauce. But yesterday, I decided to try something new, and I know I wouldn't be disappointed since everything on their menu looks fantastic. I had their classic dish, Lomo Saltado.

Lomo Saltado $17 (regular size)

I had take-out so the picture doesn't look so nice but the taste was wonderful. This Peruvian classic is a stir fry dish with tenderloin beef, onions, tomatoes, and secret juices. It comes with crispy fries and garlic rice. The tomatoes slices were fresh and the onion has a crisp. The beef pieces were a little chewy but good. The sauce was delicious with rice and fries. The rice didn't taste garlicky but it had a favour to it that is not just plain rice. The regular size portion for me was just right.

I highly recommend this place of anyone in the area, but remember they don't open on Mondays and Tuesdays. You won't be disappointed. Also, I recommend their drinks, chicha morada (blend of purple corn, pineapple and lime juice) and jugo de maracuya (Brazilian passion fruit).

Pio Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken
104 2929 Sunridge Way NE
Calgary, AB T1Y 7K7
403-681-7378

Pio Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment