Saturday 26 December 2015

DINNER AT JOEY BARLOW - Northeast

Joey Barlow is located at a convenient location of 32nd Ave and Barlow in the Northeast. I usually come here two to three times a year. A few friends and I came here before Christmas for a little get-together. Earlier, I mentioned to one of my friend that they have a new item on the menu, Spanish paella. My friend and I are always looking for a place that have paella. She and I make good paella but we always try to find restaurants that have it (so we don't have to cook it :)). I made reservations online because being the holidays and all it could have been busy and might be a wait. When I got there, the restaurant was almost full. The person that seated us asked what we wanted to drink, and we gave him our drink order. It did take awhile especially with the waters. Our server did come by frequent enough to check up on us throughout our meal.

Spanish Paella $22

The Spanish paella is made of lobster saffron broth and has shrimp, smoked chorizo, chicken, peas, red peppers, and arborio rice. The dish came in its own little paella skillet and it seems very small. I think the potion is just right and leave room for sharing an appetizer or dessert. The paella dish, however, was a little disappointing, and the price seems a little over-priced. I got 4 pieces of shrimp which is ok and had other small shrimp as well (see pic), but the chorizo was non-existence since it was cut into thin slivers and I think I got like 3 pieces of that. The chicken was cut into small bite size pieces and there wasn't a lot of that either. The rice was at least not dry and had the crusty bottom that was a little burned. I can taste a little spice in the rice and it was good.

Baked to Order individual Apple Pie $8.75

This apple pie was delicious. I think the added toasted almonds gives it a crunch and a unique flavour with the apples and cinnamon. The crust was flaky and good. The pie was baked to order so it was nice and warm with different ice cream topped on top. We got one scoop of vanilla bean and one scoop of Canadian maple ice cream. Both is just as good with the pie.

Overall, this is a good place to go if your party is indecisive of what type of meal they want. Joey has a lot of variety of cuisines. It is also a place with a good atmosphere and nice lighting.

Joey Barlow
3026 23 St NE
(403) 219-8465

Joey Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment